Milford Sound Boat Cruises FAQ
Q. Why a Milford boat cruise?
A. Milford Sound boat cruises are the relaxing way to see the country. Air Milford offers the chance to make the most of your time in this very special and unique New Zealand landscape and enjoy not only a breathtaking scenic flight in and out of Milford Sound, but one of its boat cruises too.
Q. What kind of boat is used in a Milford cruise?
A. When we fly our clients into Milford Sound, we offer various cruise options.
- Scenic Cruise :1hr 45mins cruise of the fiord, aboard a catamaran with spacious outdoor decks, for 360° panoramic viewing and un-crowded space at the bow. Catamarans provide stability that only a twin-hull vessels can provide. For more info visit : Milford Sound Fly/Cruise/Fly
- Nature Cruise : 2 hour cruise of the fiord on one of the smaller catamarans operating. This boat tour has dedicated wilderness guides aboard giving a comprehensive commentary, the longer cruise duration allows the vessel to linger for longer when wildlife is encountered during the journey. For more info visit : Milford Sound Fly/Nature Cruise/Fly
- Cruise Milford : 1hr 45mins cruise of the fiord aboard a small single hull vessel with maximum capacity of 75 passengers. This smaller more boutique boat boasts a newly renovated lounge area and limited passenger numbers. For more info visit : Milford Sound Fly/Nature Cruise/Fly
On all of these options Air Milford guests receive-
- Reserved seating – You get reserved seating, so there’s no risk of turning up and having to swim the Sound. (Seats are limited on each cruise to avoid overcrowding.)
- Two decks – You can make the most of the many vantage points on board the boat to take in the sights and sounds of Milford as you cruise and, of course, to take plenty of photographs.
- Refreshments available – Complimentary tea, coffee and filter water, or if you’re feeling peckish after your flight, you can purchase snacks on board your Milford cruise to enjoy with a warm drink (always welcome on the Sound, especially on a cooler day).
- Commentary – Informative commentary from friendly boat crew offers you an insight into Milford Sound history, geology, flora, fauna and marine life.
View more Milford Sound boat cruises information.
“Experience the amazing natural highlights of Milford Sound by flight and boat cruise.”